2018 Regular Council Meeting Dates
- January 10, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- January 24, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- February 14, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- February 28, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- March 7, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- March 28, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- April 11, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- April 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- May 9, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- May 23, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- June 13, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- June 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- July 11, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- July 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- August 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- August 22, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- September 12, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- September 26, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- October 10, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- October 24, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- November 7, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- November 28, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- December 12, 2018 @ 9:00 am
FIRE FIGHTING INSURANCE
The RM will pay fire fighting costs incurred greater than $5000.00 for fighting fire within the R.M. Any amount less than $5000.00 is the responsibility of the landowner. Please ensure that you have sufficient fire insurance to cover a $5,000.00 bill.
Works presently underway or to begin shortly
Works completed in 2017:
DEVELOPMENT & BUILDING PERMITS REQUIRED
Development permits are required for developments within the municipality (construction of a dwelling, shop, garage, accessory building(s), doing renovations and/or moving on an RTM, mobile home, etc). It is beneficial to you, as a ratepayer, to have the required application to the Development Officer at least one month prior to your projected start date, as there may be unforeseen issues that arise. The development officer has the authority to issue development permits for permitted uses; discretionary uses have to be approved by motion of council. In order for a development application to be considered by council, the application shall be submitted at least three weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Contact the R.M. office when you are considering new buildings, additions, etc., (Development Permits in addition to Building Permits may be required)
Hamlet of Frenchman Butte
- Contact the R.M. office when you are considering new buildings, additions, etc (both Development & Buildings Permits will likely be required).
Perch Lake Development
- Requires both Development & Building Permits (contact office for information)
- Works on ANY land along the shoreline may require an “Aquatic Habitat Protection Permit” from Sask Environment. Phone: (306) 236-7674
- Any works on municipal reserve requires approval from Council PRIOR to any works being done.
- For construction of docks in the water, contact Ocean’s & Fisheries for their guidelines. Phone:(306) 953-8786
COMMUNITY WATER WELLS
Community water wells are located at Pt. SW 35-53-24-W3, east, off of Highway #21 North and Pt SE-32-53-22-W3 (west/behind the St. Walburg Community Cemetery). If you have been, or if you intend to utilize water from these wells, the municipality advises that water from both wells is considered non-potable (unsafe for drinking).
SPEED WHEN PASSING MUNICIPAL WORKERS
Signs have been erected at many areas throughout the municipality indicating that speed must be reduced to 60 km/hour (or less) when passing municipal workers (either working on the right of way or operating their equipment). Please ensure this is done for the safety of our workers.
If you notice any rocks in ditches that need to be removed or any signs that are down or appear to be missing, please give the Public Works Department a call.