R.M. Frenchman ButteSubdivisions
Subdivision applications are submitted to Municipal Relations - Department of Community Planning. Please check the Community Planning website for the most up to-date information. 

Subdivision Information
Subdivsion Application 

Development Permits

Most developments within the municipality requires a development permit, a $100.00 fee is required at the time of application. Please contact the municipal office for information.

Development Permit Information
Development Permit Application

Lake Shore Development Information

Building Permits

Building permits are required for most buildings. It is an insurance for the ratepayer to have your building inspected by a professional building inspector. You will also have to submit a Development Permit Application in conjunction with the Building Permit Application.

The rate for a building permit is $5.00/$1,000.00 of construction cost. 

Building Permit Information
Building Permit Application

Move and/or Demolish Permits

Relocation of buildings or demolishing of buildings require a permit, a $5.00 fee is required at the time of application.  Please contact the RM for more information. 

Move/Demolish Permit 

Overweight Permits

The R.M. of Frenchman Butte participates in the Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure Winter Weight Season Restrictions Orders. The Orders are published on the Saskatchewan Highways web site at: http://www.highways.gov.sk.ca under "FEATURES"; click on Special Weights. You will see Winter Weight Restrictions with links to the New and Previous Orders

Overweight permits are issued by the Rural Municipality of Frenchman Butte at a cost of $25.00 plus GST per trip. The R.M. requires that copies of vehicle registrations and contact information be on hand for all vehicles requesting overweight permits to operate within our municipality. Call 306-344-2034 for permits.

Burning Permits

Burning permits are free of charge and any ratepayer wishing to have a “controlled burn” within the R.M. boundaries must obtain a burning permit from the R.M. office (signature will be required). Note: If permission for a controlled burn was not obtained and the fire is reported by a concerned citizen you will assume all costs incurred for the fire callout. Burn permit season is from April 1—October 31 of each year (keep in mind there is a burning permit area within 4.5 km of the Bronson Provincial Forest that requires you to ALSO contact the Department of Environment & Resource Management.)

Required for controlled burns between the dates of April 1 to October 31 inclusive.

To Report a CONTROLED BURN CALL 1-866-404-4911
(This number is answered 24/7 - 365 days)

When reporting a Control Burn you will be asked the following questions:

  • What is your land location?
  • What is your RM number?
  • Who is your Fire Service Provider?
  • What are location details?
  • What are you burning?
  • How long will your burn last?
  • Your name and phone number

You will be asked to call back once the burn has been completed.

Burning Permit Application